Sunday 30 September 2007

So this is it!

Tomorrow, Clare goes into hospital to be induced. We tried most things to get LD out naturally but he 's still in! So, we're looking forward to tomorrow with a mixture of excitement and apprehension. The bag is packed and everything is pretty much sorted so we're feeling really happy that we've finally made it.

Looking back, it's been a long 10 weeks since Clare's fluid level went up and the doctors said that our boy could arrive any day. There's been a lot of hospital visits and plenty of ups and downs during that time. We feel very blessed to have a great family on both sides who have supported us all the way. We also have a huge amount of friends who have shared the journey with us; from church, work, Southwold Beach Mission, and our NCT class, to name but a few.

We have made lots of new friends through this whole experience and many who have found themselves in a similar situation to us. We like to particularly mention Knoah and his mum, whose blog has been an excellent source of information and a comfort to us; and also Kara's mum, Jan, who made everything seem do-able.

Most of all, we have to give the honour to God. Without our faith in him, we firmly believe this would have been much harder to deal with. When you become a Christian, God doesn't promise you an easy life but He does say that He'll be there with you all the way and He'll help you to get through it. This has certainly been our experience.

So a new chapter of our life is about to start and next time I post I will have some lovely pictures of our new son to share with you! Thank you to all those who have faithfully read the blog so far. Stick with us for the next exciting installment.

As is appropriate, the last word goes to God! This is a very well-known part of the Bible, but one that we find to be true and that gives us great hope for the future, whatever that may hold.

Psalm 23

1 The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.

2 He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,

3 he restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness
for his name's sake.

4 Even though I walk
through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.

5 You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.

6 Surely goodness and love will follow me
all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD
forever.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

All the VERY best to you both.

Love and prayers

Liz

Anonymous said...

Andy, Clare and Little D,

May GOD be with you during your birthing experience. May he shower you with blessings and strength. May the next journey in you lives be filled with Love, Knowledge and Faith.

GOD is good and he takes care of his people.

I will be praying for you in the coming week and most of all know you are not alone!! We Love You!!

Anonymous said...

God bless your family in the upcoming days and weeks. My prayers for you are that God will be with you and you will be able to cherish every special moment that you are about to embark upon. What a special, magical time. You are just about to find out just how special God makes these little people and what wonderful joy they bring to all who know them.

Godspeed,

Candi
YaYa to Bryan,
(Tonya and Knoah's special friends)

Anonymous said...

May you both be filled with His peace as this new little one makes his way into the world. You have been chosen for a journey that may contain some scary bumps but most often will be very joy filled.
Congratulations to you both!