Tuesday 6 May 2008

Taking the plunge!

I've been meaning to post this for over a week now but have been so busy that I have only just got round to it! We received an email from Clare's friend Di who made the decision recently to get baptised. Baptism is a public declaration that you believe in God and want to follow him. It also involves getting quite wet! Christians get baptised to follow the example of Jesus who was baptised by John (... the Baptist, funnily enough!). This is part of the email that Di sent us, explaining why she made the decision.

Although I was Christened as a baby and Confirmed as a teenager in the Anglican church, and have been a practising Christian at Martlesham Christian Fellowship for 23 years, God has been nudging me for quite a while now to affirm my faith!

After many discussions, and much prayer, I was baptised by full immersion (adult baptism) this weekend, in the sea at Sizewell (church weekend at the Christian Conference centre there), to affirm my love for God (photos attached). It was amazing! God is good!

I just thought you would like to know, as your testimony through the blog, and your example of ongoing love for God through Theo's life and death has been one of many influencing factors in my decision.





This was very exciting news for us! Di has been a great support to us over the last few months (I still remember the lovely food parcel she had delivered as a surprise for us when we came home from work one day....mmm!). It is even more touching that Theo had his own small part to play in her decision. Clare and I are both very happy for her!

2 comments:

Tonya said...

That's great!! Theo continues to worked miracles!

Jennifer said...

Theo was/is so important to so many people. His little legacy will just live on and on. What a blessing he is!