Monday 25 August 2008

We're back!

Hi all,

Clare and I have finally arrived back from our American adventure! We've had an amazing time and met some even more amazing people. I will blog in great detail over the next few weeks but, as we're both very tired from all the travelling, I'll leave you with a few statistics from our travels to whet your appetite!

Number of miles flown: 11,417
Number of planes taken: 8
Number of hours in the air: 30
Number of states visited: 5
Number of cities visited: 6 (if you include Monroe!)
Number of times Andy has packed the suitcases: 7
Number of near death experiences: 2
Number of burgers eaten: Too many to count!
Number of pounds of weight gained by both of us: Too embarrassing to tell!
Number of pounds of money spent: Will have to let you know when I've put out my burning bank statement!
Number of hours sleep in the last 24 hours: 0
Number of amazing people we finally got to meet in person: Loads!!!!

That's all the energy I have! I'll be back in a few days to update you all a bit more. But finally, thanks to all the amazing people that made this trip one that we'll remember always!

5 comments:

Tonya said...

Miss you dearly and looking forward to an update!!!

Candi and Skeet said...

So glad you made it back safely. Can't wait to hear all the details... especially about the near death experiences? This wasn't at the GC was it?

Sarah said...

We were so happy and lucky to have met you while you were here. I'm glad to hear you made it home safely and sounds like you enjoyed your time away from home! I look forward to reading all about it! Again, it was great meeting you both in person and look forward to hopefully seeing you on your home turf one day :)
Sarah

Charlene said...

Hi Andy, Hi Clare,

I just wanted to take a minute to stop by and say Hi.
I came across your blog through Tonya who I met about a year ago (long story) and have been following your story ever since.

I am so glad you got to come to America and even happier that you had such a great time.

~Charlene~

Jennifer said...

So glad you're back safe and sound and so glad you had a wonderful trip! Loved meeting you. I wish you were my neighbors!