Monday 12 November 2007

"So, how are you both doing?"

It's a calendar month and two days since Theo's birth and we've heard that loving and interested question a lot during that time. It is comforting to know that so many people are still thinking about us and praying for us. Once again, thanks to everyone for their support!

So, how are we dong? Not bad... Clare is healing very well from the Cesarean and is already very active. She's filling her time making our lovely house even nicer and buying and selling things on Ebay. This has had dangerous implications for my bank balance and anything that's not nailed down in the house. The sliver lining to all this is that I get the feeling I will get more birthday presents than I could possibly merit!

So, how are we really doing? We have good days and bad days. It's a kind of sadness that's hard to quantify. It doesn't seem to be about anything particularly, such as seeing other babies or thinking about an empty nursery (although such things can trigger it). It just descends like a blanket and, unlike other things that can be fixed, it just stays there until it decides to leave. For Clare, it's worse at night-time. For me it comes less often.

Despite this, We are slowly getting back to normal I think. I'm back at work now and Clare is helping her brother with his valeting business so there are things to fill our days. Generally we remain positive and upbeat and we know that kind of strength must come from God because we certainly couldn't manage it by ourselves.

I'm sorry it's been a while between posts again. Before, this blog had a definite purpose and every other person I talk to seems to have read it. Now, I'm not quite so sure what to write. Although I know that everyone is interested in the results of the post mortem and any subsequent developments, there doesn't seem to be that much to say in between.

So, until I find a new direction for the blog, the posts will probably remain infrequent. If you want to be notified of when new posts appear on the blog to save you keep checking, please send your email address to littledungey@hotmail.co.uk and I will send you an email whenever anything new comes up. We would also ask you to keep praying for the post mortem and genetic results - that they would be clear and enable us to make decisions for our future.

Thanks once again to everyone out there who has supported us so faithfully! We couldn't have done it without you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you posted again. As usual, your post brought tears to my eyes. I feel so bad for you guys and so wish I could fix it somehow. I know I can't, but that doesn't stop me wishing I could. I have been hoping we wouldn't lose you and Clare just because we don't have little Theo. You've welcomed us into your lives and I don't want to give that up! Still remembering Theo and keeping you and Clare in my prayers!

And yes, Owen is a beautiful boy! I'm slightly smitten with him for sure!

Love to you both,
Jennifer/Owen's grandma/Cat's mom

Renay said...

Andy,
Being fellow Christians I would love to see you post more about your Faith. From the many posts you have done...your Faith shines thru so brightly and the Strength the Lord has blessed you with -well, you have just done a marvelous job of boasting in the Lord and not of yourself and I enjoy that SO much. Maybe you can continue to post based on the fact that some will come to know Him because of Theo's life. PLus, as you continue to post, it will help us all to remember Theo. I don't know, just a thought. I will continue to pray about your results. I've all but given up that we will ever have answers-I know God wants us to hae Faith though, so-as much as it is possible, I will try to continue to have Faith-I know God Loves my Owen more than I ever could (though that seems impossible)-He will take care of things or He will take him home to be with Theo and I can not dictate such things even if selfishly, I want him here with me, healthy, growing etc. Ok, well, I should go as this somehow became about me, when I intended it to be about you:-) In Christ, Renay

Anonymous said...

You know I love you both and however you choose to get through this is more than understandable.

Theo's life will help other's who are just starting this journey. You may find joining an online support group to be helpful. You have learned so much from this experience, you can help others!

We'll keep checking in to see how you are fairing and as you already know, the three of you are loved very much!