Sunday 25 November 2007

The final farewell

Today we went to Southwold to scatter Theo's ashes. Southwold is a special place for me and Clare. We do a beach mission there every year; I proposed to Clare there and we spend our anniversary there every year.

It was nearly sunset when we arrived and very cold at the end of the pier! We had each written a letter to Theo which we read aloud. I read some Bible verses and Clare said a prayer before we scattered Theo's ashes out to sea. The wind was strong and the ashes flew at great speed across the ocean.

Although the occasion was sad for both of us, we felt a sense of relief that Theo had finally been laid to rest.

God blessed the proceedings by supplying us with this beautiful sunset.




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Clare and Andy,

We think of you often and pray for you. Only yesterday Ben was wondering how you both are and said "I hope they know that baby Theo is alright now". Out of the mouths of babes....

Theo is in a far better place and I think God was trying to show you that in the sunsets. You may not have had Theo with you for long but you have some beautiful photos and beautiful memories. But above all you have a beautiful and strong faith. Never lose hold of that.

"For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Rom 8.38-39)

lots of love and hugs.
Nigel, Margaret, Jonathan, Stuart, Alex and Ben xxx

Anonymous said...

That is beautiful!!

Theo kissed both of you with that sunset!! Gorgeous!

What a way to honor him! A beautiful gift from God he was!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that was beautiful. Like getting a hug from God. One day you will see Theo again completely healed & happy.

Hugs, Samuel's Mommy

Candi and Skeet said...

Clare and Andy,

I have been reading your blog for a few months now but have never left a post. I have been praying for you both and feel deeply for your loss. My daughter was born on October 13 but passed moments before she was born. She also had dwarfism.
Theo is a beautiful baby boy and I am so glad that you had a few moments with him before he passed. I know that both he and Avery are watching over us now. I hope that they have found each other and can comfort eachother as they watch us grieve for them. I know that there is not alot I can do from so far away but my heart hurts for you and if either of you ever need anything I am here. My prayers are with you at this difficult time.
Candi
www.babyhoustonstory.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Andy and Clare - what beautiful, strong people you both are. You have done such a fine job of honoring Theo. He is blessed to have such wonderful parents. And we are blessed to be a part of your lives.

Hugs to you both.

Candi
YaYa to Bryan