Wednesday 16 April 2008

One step closer

Finally, I have some more news for you!

I had a phone call from our geneticist yesterday who told me that he had got the results of my x-rays back from Great Ormond Street. The good news is that they have said that they can't find any link between me and Theo! You may remember that when we first went to see the geneticist, he was concerned that I exhibited some of the same issues as Theo (shortness, wonky legs, arthritis, cloth ear, etc). He had thought there might be the possibility that I had mosaicism. If I did, it could potentially increase the risk that we could have another child with the same condition.

It seems that this is not the case and so hopefully the chances of recurrence are greatly reduced. We have yet to see him officially to get the full details and we still have to wait for the results of Theo's genetic tests to come back. Nevertheless, this is a very positive sign and gives us hope that there is light at the end of the tunnel.

The geneticist is still chasing Theo's genetic results to see if they're finished so as soon as we know anything, I'll let you all know.

Thanks to you all for your continued prayer and support!

Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for him." The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him; it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the LORD.
Lamentations 3 22-26

5 comments:

Candi and Skeet said...

My heart lept into my throat when I read this. I am so glad to hear that you have heard something and that it is promising. I can think of nothing that would make me happier than to be pregnant at the same time as Clare!!
I still think of you three every day and have been praying that you receive good news and are able to try for another baby soon.
Keep us updated!

Much love,
Candi

Catherine Merciez Wright said...

Great news! I have one question - Is "wonky legs" a technical medical term? :)
Congrats to Clare on the new (hopefully not temporary) job!
Cat

Anonymous said...

Fantastic news and a real answer to prayer... this post gets 10/10 and a smiley face : )

Jennifer said...

Good news! I'll be praying that the rest of your news is also good and you can resume your quest for parenthood! "Wonky legs"?? Wow, we have to meet in person so I can see what that looks like:):)

Tonya said...

Fantastic news!!! I am so glad your a step closer to finding some answers!! That makes me so happy! I know how much you guys want to try for another child! Finally the wait is closing to an end!!!