Wednesday 9 April 2008

When one door closes...

Well, I'm finally back online after quite a few weeks off! Sorry to all those who faithfully check the site and have been disappointed to find nothing new on it. This is partially because Clare and I have just spent 10 days in lovely Cornwall (I'll post some pictures soon!) but mostly because I'm a bit lazy!

Anyway, whilst we were away, Clare got some rather surprising news (I'll preface this by saying it is not baby-related before everyone gets too excited!). The head mistress of her school has left. This means that the current head of the junior school has to take overall headship of the whole school...which means that....


Clare Dungey is now acting head teacher of her Junior School!

... at least for the next term anyway.

This came as quite a shock to pretty much everyone! Although this is a massive leap up for Clare, the new head mistress is sure she up to the challenge. It is quite daunting for Clare because there are so many new things to learn so please remember her in your prayers. It is an amazing opportunity though so we are both very pleased. She led part of her first staff training day today (with very little notice) and seems to have been very successful.

So as we reach the 6-month anniversary of meeting Theo tomorrow, another door of opportunity has opened. Although, it is not in the same league as having a baby, it shows that God has a plan for us and that life does go on.

We'd just like to thank everyone who has supported us, raised money for Theo, prayed for us, written us emails, cooked for us and generally loved us! We couldn't have coped without you!


3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Congratulations Clare! Is "Headmistress" equivilent to our "Principal" over here in the USA? Sort of sounds like it. And "junior school"? Is that the little ones...early grades? Ages 5-9 or so? It's so funny to hear different terminology. Anyway, congrats! I'm sure you'll be terrific. And I have been checking your blog faithfully and I'm glad to hear you're doing fine. We've missed you!

Candi and Skeet said...

Yay Clare! I am thinking about you all today. I can't believe it's been 6 months but where has the past 6 months gone? It has gone by so fast but seems like it was so long ago. I know you are missing Theo like I am missing Avery. It's hard to believe that a year ago we were oblivious to all of this. Sometimes I wish I could go back and feel that way even if just for a minute!
My prayers are with you, for the new job and for comfort on this tough day.

Much love,
Candi

Tonya said...

Oh Clare!! Congrats!!! I have been anxiously awaiting your return! I was thinking, "they have been gone forever, when are they going to be home!!" Your home now!!!

That is GREAT news to come home too! Head Mistress! I know the students will be well taken care of while under your supervision!! I am so happy for you!

Happy Birthday Theo! I love you with all my heart! Mum and Dad too!