Friday 15 February 2008

A picture paints a thousand words!

A while back, I posted the pictures Clare took of Southwold on the day we scattered Theo's ashes. About the same time, we went to visit my parents and Clare admired the "cascade" sunset print they have on the wall in their lounge. My mother, being the clever woman that she is, put two and two together and came up with an excellent idea for Clare's Christmas present using the Southwold photo. As a DIY-phobe, I had to wait for help from Clare's dad before I could get round to hanging it. The result is here:


It now takes pride of place in our lounge and is a lovely reminder of our boy!

In other news, I went to the hospital today to have a skeletal survey done. They x-rayed my legs, spine, arms, ankle and pelvis. The x-rays will be sent off to Great Ormond Street so that they can determine whether I have a mild form of the condition they think Theo had. This will hopefully inform us better about the likelihood of it happening again. I imagine it will take quite a while for the results to come back so I will post any news when we get it.

So, I'm trying to keep my word about posting more often! In the next entry, Clare will post some more pictures of Theo.

6 comments:

Tonya said...

What a beautiful picture!! I often think about that photo you took when I think about Theo. I always end up smiling, because only God can make a sad event peaceful! That sunset always does it for me. It reminds me that even in our saddest times, God creates beauty and Theo was beautiful!!

Very creative! I love it!!

Here's too quick info for you X-rays!!!

Love to you!!

Anonymous said...

Cool! What a brilliant way to remember that moment.
Di

Candi and Skeet said...

That is absolutely perfect! What a beautiful reminder of a beautiful little boy. I am so excited to see more pictures! Much love to you both!!

Candi

Jennifer said...

Beautiful! Still keeping you in my prayers and checking your blog frequently. We haven't forgotten you or Theo!

Charms said...

Hey There

I'm so happy to hear that you have decided to keep on posting, its great that you have chosen to continue sharing your lives and thoughts with us, if only you know how you and your son have impacted our lives, God really knows how to bring people together to work towards a greater plan.

love Charmaine
Little Leah's mom

Anonymous said...

How beautiful and serene. What a lovely reminder of Theo. Nicely done!
Smiles, Evelyn