Tuesday 7 October 2008

Baby Loss Awareness

Moving away from our holiday tales for this blog entry... please remember baby loss awareness day which is the 15th October. Clare and I will be attending a service at the chapel in Ipswich Hospital this Sunday. Clare has written a poem in remembrance of Theo which she will read at the service. Please remember all those who have lost children in your thoughts and prayers at this time.

The Gift

Just a moment together,
A tiny glimpse of the life that was yours,
The face I had never seen, but knew so well,
A reflection of the love that brought you into being.

All too soon, the moment was gone,
Your soul was free,
In the arms of your loving Saviour,
Pain and sorrow blown away.

I felt the grip of overwhelming loss,
I felt my soul begin to fall,
My Lord reached out His arms and caught me,
Wrapped me in His ineffable love.

He showed me a picture of a mother,
The warmth of love in her face,
Her heart bursting with pride,
Then He lowered the mirror.

I am blessed because God chose me,
To hold your precious little body,
To love you unconditionally,
To be your mother,

Forever.

You are my gift.


By Clare Dungey
Mother of Theodore Edward Dungey – 10th October 2007


5 comments:

Unknown said...

That was beautiful, Clare. Thank you for sharing!

Candi and Skeet said...

So beautiful! You have me bawling at work! You are so talented. Thank you so much for sharing your gift with us. Miss you!!

Love,
Candi

Jennifer said...

Oh Clare. Your poem is so lovely. What a beautiful tribute to your precious boy. Thanks so much for sharing it with us.

Catherine Merciez Wright said...

Clare,
I love that poem. Brought tears to my eyes! Hope you are well!
Cat

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your poem, Clare.

May God touch you both today in so many ways as you remember Theo.

May he bestow new gifts to you and give you his strength and his peace on this anniversary. Love and many hugs, Lucy, Matthew and Lily x x x